Friday, October 19, 2018

Unqualified? Really?

Earlier this week I received a mailer from my opponent and incumbent in my quest to become the representative board member for Inland Empire Utilities Agency Board of Director-Div 3.  Here is a snapshot of his attention getting statement:


So I had to pause to understand what he could possibly mean by this statement!  We are both professionals with licenses in our respective disciplines.  We both have post graduate degrees and have worked more than 30 years in our respective fields.  We both belong to professional organizations to stay abreast of our professions.  I am experienced in the area of environmental issues concerning water management with a Masters Degree in Environmental Engineering.

I then noticed on the other side of the mailer a list of endorsements!  We increasingly live in a world of its not what you know but who you know.  I get it and understand it and accept it.  I however will pursue a line of actions and quests that allow me to give back to my community, to be a good steward over what I have been blessed with, and to use my experiences and knowledge where ever and when ever it benefits not just me but my family, friends, neighbors, peers, co-workers, and community.

The opportunity to serve your neighbors and community in an non-political role should not be about who you know or who endorses you without first learning about who you are also competing with!

Just a thought!

Vote Nov 6 after you get to know something about the candidates and their background!
about me and what I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment